Please read all information before registering below
Nunsense is a hilarious spoof about the misadventures of five nuns trying to manage a fundraiser. Sadly, the rest of the sisterhood died from botulism after eating food prepared by Sister Julia. Thus, the remaining nuns – ballet-loving Sister Leo, street-wise Sister Robert Anne, befuddled Sister Mary Amnesia, the Mother Superior Sister Regina, and mistress of the novices Sister Mary Hubert – stage a talent show in order to raise the money to bury their dearly departed.
Rated PG for humor
This cast will be comprised of 5 Women
We welcome first time performers and experienced performers. We understand not everyone can sing or dance, we accept all skill levels and work with those who are offered roles to find a way to make you comfortable and shine on stage.
If you don’t want to be on stage but still would like to be involved, we have roles you can participate in backstage or with lights and sound.
Additionally, we are offering Junior Production Roles for those who would like to shadow/assist the Director, Choreographer, and Music Director.
ROLLS TO BE FILLED:
- All Auditionees will be given equal consideration. No roles have been pre-cast. No special treatment shall be given to those who have been in previous shows at Creative Theater.
- Depending on who we see at auditions, we are considering double casting the show and each cast would perform two of the four performances. This will be determined after auditions.
- Sister Mary Regina
- Sister Mary Hubert
- Sister Robert Anne
- Sister Mary Amnesia
- Sister Mary Leo
Creative Theater is Sevier County’s Community Theater
125 Music Mountain Drive
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Auditions will be held 6:00- 8:30 Monday June 24th and Tuesday June 25th.
- Thursday, Sept 5th at 7:00pm
- Friday, Sept 6th at 7:00pm
- Saturday, Sept 7th at 7:00pm
- Sunday, Sept 8th at 3:00pm
- July, Thurs 18 from 6:00-10:00
- July, Tues 23 from 6:00-10:00
- July, Thurs 25 from 6:00-10:00
- July, Tues 30 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Thurs 1 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Tues 6 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Thurs 8 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Tues 13 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Thurs 15 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Tues 20 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Thurs 22 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Tues 27 from 6:00-10:00
- August, Thurs 29 from 6:00-10:00
- TECH BEGINS
- August, Friday 30th
- August, Sat 31
- September, Sunday 1st
- September, Monday 2nd OFF
- September, Tuesday 3rd Dress Rehearsal
- September, Wednesday 4th Dress Rehearsal
- September, Thurs 5th OPENING NIGHT
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- Audition Requirements
- All those auditioning shall be prepared with the following:
- Headshot – if have one already. If not we will photograph you.
- Resume – if have one already. If not we have an application for you to fill out.
- Special skills should be mentioned on resume or application: especially seeking ventriloquism, ballet, impressions, standup comedy.
- Prepare a Comedic Monologue (2 min max)
- Or 2 jokes for/about Nuns
- 16 bars of a up-tempo Broadway style song.
- May be asked to cold read a portion of script.
- May be asked to learn a small dance combo, bring appropriate shoes/clothing.
Here are links that may be helpful.
- Don’t be late.
- Follow directions.
- Have an open mind.
- No gum, eating or drinking during the audition.
- Relax and breathe before, during and after the audition.
- Turn your phone off or turn the ‘Airplane mode’ setting on.
- If you make a mistake, keep going.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Wear the correct clothing and footwear for the auditions, especially dance calls.You may choose to bring a change of clothes if asked to stay for the dance portion. Dance shoes or sneakers are recommended, along with clothes that you feel no restriction from. Singers and actors who have no dance experience as well as trained dancers are considered for all appropriate roles in the cast. Several auditionees will be grouped together to learn a short dance routine. DON’T WORRY if you have never taken a dance class before, we just want to see how well you move to music and learn choreography.
Keep in mind, everyone in that audition room, as well as the entire theater community, wants you to have fun!
A $40.00 registration fee for all cast and junior directors is due at the first rehearsal to cover a portion of the cost of sets, props, costumes and marketing.
To attend the performances, we have reserved seating with a suggested donation of $8.00 for children and $12.00 for adults. Each performer and production staff shall receive two complimentary tickets. Please see the Volunteer counter for details on how Volunteers and parents may receive additional tickets.
For costumes, depending on the style of the show, we may ask actors to provide certain pieces of clothing that they most likely already have such as blue jeans, T-shirt, long sleeve white shirt, black pants, coat, shoes, etc.
FRIENDS OR PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT:
There are many ways for you to volunteer and connect with your teen or child.
We will ask for Parents to lead up committees such as Costumes, Props, Backstage, Scenery, Lighting, Dressing Rooms, Concessions, Cast Party and others. If you do not feel comfortable leading the committee, we ask you to please consider helping by donating your time to be a part of these committees. We invite you to learn new skills and share your talent.
In order to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, all adults over the age of 18 must have a background check. A Creative Theater Board Member will gather information from you and will then run the Background Check at the Theater’s expense. This is the same procedure required in the Sevier County School District for all parents who volunteer to help at school or go on field trips.
We strive to be respectful of everyone’s time. At rehearsals, we practice specific scenes and you will only be needed if you are in the scenes taught that day.
A detailed rehearsal schedule will be given to each cast member with a specific breakdown of who is needed each rehearsal. Every cast member may not be required to attend every rehearsal, however, it is crucial to the success of the rehearsal process that everyone attends on required days.
Participants may not miss more than two rehearsals or will be removed from the production. The final week of rehearsals (called Tech Week) we will rehearse each day through the opening show.
Director Guy Windsor
Guy is a Sevier County native that has travelled extensively in the world of Entertainment. His Tennessee performance credits include Dollywood, Country Tonite, Sevier County Theater Guild and Terry Evanswood’s Grand Illusion Show. Since then he has acted in, directed and written for projects at DisneyWorld, Tokyo Disney, and Universal Studios in Hollywood and Singapore.
His television and film credits include speaking and featured roles on Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Las Vegas, Ghost Whisperer, Diagnosis X, Spring Breakdown and America’s Court as well as multiple independent comedy and horror shorts on YouTube and Amazon. He is currently starring in a comedy series for Amazon called Just Roommates. He also has commercial credits for AT&T, Living Spaces, Ultimate Bet and most recently Pipe Wrench Plumbing in Knoxville. Guy attended Groundlings Improv in Los Angeles and recently had the honor of being a comedic stand-in game player on Hollywood Game Night with Jane Lynch.
Guy is very excited to be re-joining the ranks of talent here in the Smokies and is looking forward to many more productions! His advice for auditions: “There are 50 more people in the waiting room who probably look just like you or better and want the role just as bad if not more…no pressure, but don’t be a hot mess!” @guywindsor Insta&Twitter
To receive an audition slot, we ask for you to register for a time slot that works for you. Arrive 20 minutes early before your scheduled time. If you are only available to audition at a certain day or time on Monday, June 24th or Tuesday June 25th and that day/time is already full, please call or text our Casting Director at 865-851-1147 and she will find a way to get you in the schedule. We will find a way to make sure everyone has an equal amount of time to be seen by the Audition Team.
Upon arrival you will fill out an information sheet. Please bring a list of ALL of your conflicts between now and September 8th. Unless special permission is given by the Director, cast cannot miss more than two rehearsals. No rehearsals can be missed Tech Week.
We will then take a photograph of you so the Casting team can remember your fantastic audition.
You will then be taken into a private room away from the other auditionees and present your monologue and sing your song for the Production Team. There may be several Directors in the room to cheer you on.
For the dance/movement audition several auditionees will be grouped together to learn a bit of movement. DON’T WORRY if you have never taken a dance class before, we just want to see how you move and follow direction.
After reading all information above, sign up below:
(sign up list specific to Nunsense 6-8:30 increments of 5 min)